Edval Daily: Roll over into a new year
This document is intended to provide a guide for setting up Daily and your School Information System (SIS) for a new year.
There are five main steps:
- Edval - sync your new timetable with Daily
- Daily – roll over settings from the previous year into the new one.
- Daily - configure Daily for the new year
- Edval – sync your timetable with your SIS
- Daily – configure the sync to your SIS
The timetabler, once the timetable has been finalised for the coming year, will sync the timetable to the Edval web server.
2. Daily - Roll over Settings from the Previous Year
The new year’s instance of Daily is created when you log into Daily with your new year's webcode and rollover the settings from the previous year.
If you do not have your new year's webcode yet, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject reading, "New Year Webcode".
When you first log into Daily with your new webcode, you will notice that the Daily menu is missing from the blue Menu Bar. It will appear once you have completed the rollover step.
To roll over the settings from the previous year:
- Navigate to Admin > Settings
- Click on 'Roll over 20xx Settings'
- Choose which data and settings to roll over.
3. Daily – Configure the Settings for the new year
Once the timetable has been uploaded to Daily, and the rollover has been completed, the Daily Organiser can configure the settings for the coming year.
- Log in with your new year's webcode
- Complete the Date Mapping and Save.
Refer to the Knowledge Base article on Date mapping
- Confirm all settings on all other tabs - Cover options, Weights and Misc. Documentation on these settings can be found here.
- Perform some checks to ensure that the cyclical timetable data has come across correctly, for example, look up a teacher's timetable, check a class list in Daily > Reports > Class list
- Sync the .etz timetable file in the normal manner to your SIS, for example Compass or Sentral .
Remember to update any settings to account for the new year. Refer to other detailed instructions for each SIS in the Edval Knowledge Base in the ‘Integration - Synchronisation’ folder.
5. Daily – configure the Sync to your SIS
Update the Daily synchronisation settings in the
Daily > Synchronisation menu.
6. Daily – configure SSO settings
Go to Admin > Single Sign On and make sure you have configured your settings.
This only applies to schools who have been on-boarded with SSO.
If you are not on-boarded with SSO and you would like to be, please click here for our FAQ Document
FAQ Edval Daily
Edval Daily - Frequently Asked Questions Getting Started What internet browser does Edval Daily prefer? Edval recommends that Edval Daily is best accessed via the Chrome browser. I am a customer who is interested in the Edval Daily web version. I am ...
Edval Daily: Absence Reasons
Navigate to Daily > Settings > Absence reasons. This tab allows you to create new absence reasons, modify or delete existing reasons or merge official codes by the region selected in the timetable file. Once added or imported, reasons will roll over ...
Edval Daily: Date Mapping
Edval Daily must have the timetable cycle days mapped correctly for the program to operate, so it will know which ‘day’ to show for any date, e.g. is it MonA or MonB? Term time, holidays, weekends, the timetable cycle day and what day it corresponds ...
Logging in to Edval's Cloud Products
Edval's Cloud Products Edval has the following products available online for daily organisers, interviews administrators, teachers and students. Edval Daily Manage day to day variations to your cyclical timetable with Edval Daily. When changes ...
Sign in to view all Edval Daily documentation
Contact email@example.com if you have not been set up to access Knowledge Base documentation.